We are thrilled to have you on our site. If you enjoy the post you have just found kindly Share it with friends.
The 20-time Grand Slam title holder has always said that Wimbledon is his priority this year.
Roger Federer admitted that he is considering the possibility of refusing to participate in the French Open, despite the achievement last 16 after a tense four-set win over Dominik Koepfer in a tie that ended shortly before 12:45 pm on Sunday morning.
– Roland Garros (@rolandgarros) June 5, 2021
“I don’t know if I’m going to play,” said Federer, just two months before his 40th birthday and due to play Italian Matteo Berrettini in the fourth round on Monday.
“I have to decide whether to keep playing or not. Is it too risky to keep pushing on your knee? Is it a good time to relax? “
The 20-time Grand Slam title holder who underwent two knee surgeries in 2020 and is only playing his third tournament since last year’s Australian Open has always said Wimbledon is his priority this year.
He is chasing his ninth title at Wimbledon, which kicks off on June 28th.
He is also due to play in the warm-up tournament on the grass in Halle, which begins June 14, the day after the end of the French Open tennis.
“In every match I have to reevaluate the situation and the next morning to see in what state I wake up and how things are with my knee,” added Federer, having been on the court for 3 hours and 35 minutes.
“It may be even more believable after the match than the one that was tonight.”
Saturday’s match, which kicked off on Sunday, took place in a frighteningly empty court at Philippe Shatrie, where fans were out of sight due to a government-imposed Covid-19 curfew.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of Algulf.net and Algulf.net does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.