South Australia reports two new local virus cases

We are thrilled to have you on our site. If you enjoy the post you have just found kindly Share it with friends.

South Australia recorded two new locally acquired cases of Covid-19 on Thursday.

Prime Minister Stephen Marshall confirmed the new infections, with the number of cases in South Australia rising to 14.

He said the two new cases, being a brother and sister in their twenties, were at Tenafeate Creek Winery at the same time as a previously registered case.

It comes after six new cases were linked to two “super-spread” events on Wednesday – five linked to the winery on Sunday afternoon from 1.45pm to 4.30pm, and an additional case from The Greek on Halifax on Saturday night.

Marshall said there was “no doubt” the shutdown would significantly affect the economy, people and businesses.

But he said the authorities wanted to move as quickly as possible to restrict movement and prosecute every case in the community.

The prime minister said it was “too early” to say whether the lockdown would be extended by seven days.

“We haven’t seen an explosion (in cases)…but we’re likely to see more cases,” Marshall warned.

“I am so grateful we have gone into lockdown. If we waited another 12-24 hours, we would be in a completely different situation.

“I extraordinarily hope that we will be able to stop the spread of this disease and hopefully during these seven days we will be able to stop it in its tracks.”

The parents of the existing siblings also attended Tenafit Creek Winery, said the chief public health officer, Nicolas Spurrier, but have so far come back with a negative result.

She said that not all the cases from this place were related to each other, and they were not in the same gathering, but that they all ate dinner inside.

There are now 71 Exposure sites Listed on the SA Health website Prof Spurrier said she hopes South Australians will continue to check for updates

There are currently about 4,000 people in quarantine with 13,610 people who have gone to one of the listed exposure sites.

Professor Spurier said she was “extremely concerned” about The Greek in Halifax and the Tenafeate Creek Winery sites because of the test numbers.

So far, 53 of the 91 people who attended the Adelaide CBD restaurant have been tested, while only 34 of the 125 winery patrons have been surveyed.

Prof Spurrier said anyone who attended any of these places would be placed in hotel quarantine to complete their two-week isolation because they have “a slightly higher risk of contracting Covid than some of our international travelers at the moment”.

A slight change in directions has also been made, allowing one person over 16 and living alone or not with their spouse to visit a friend or partner if no one else is at home.

It is also allowed if the only person is a parent and the only other people present in their home at the time of the visit are their children.

Under this directive, those looking to visit their partners are only allowed to do so if they were in a relationship prior to closing.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said there is potential for the lockdown to be extended and to understand the impact it can have on people in relationships as well as people living alone.

He said the changes gave these people a chance not to be separated or alone.

“Obviously we’re trying to limit the number of people who are likely to be exposed to other families,” Stevens said.

“It’s not free for everyone to go visit friends.

“This is very restrictive to ensure that people are able to maintain their general well-being and mental health.”

.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of Algulf.net and Algulf.net does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.

Leave a Comment