We are thrilled to have you on our site. If you enjoy the post you have just found kindly Share it with friends.
The Barossa Winery and sections of the Regency Park TAFE are now Level 1 display sites, with all visitors and family members being ordered into quarantine. Follow our live blog for the latest updates – including coverage of the 11am press conference.
* This Coronavirus article is open and free to read in the interest of community health and safety. Click here for full digital access to trusted news from The Advertiser for just $1 per week for the first 12 weeks.
The Barossa Winery and sections of Regency Park TAFE are among the many new Level 1 exposure sites, after SA’s Covid collection grew to 14 cases.
Seppeltsfield Winery was among 16 new exposure sites Thursday. It was listed as a Level 1 exposure site, along with parts of the Regency Park TAFE, for last Monday.
The updated Level 1 exposure list also includes the Clovercrest Shopping Centre, the Tea Tree Plaza food court, the Smile Center dentist at Surrey Downs and parts of the Westminster School.
Anyone who has attended these places at the mentioned times must quarantine with their family for 14 days, take the test immediately, take the test again on the 5th and 13th days and complete this Health Model SA.
The government has announced to help facilitate the long test queues Four new test sites open across Adelaide.
At an 11 a.m. news conference on Thursday, Prime Minister Stephen Marshall said a brother and sister in their 20s had been infected at Tenafeate Creek Wines, described as a highly outbreak site with seven cases so far. Their parents were also at the winery but so far their results are negative.
About 100 people were ordered from the winery and the second major location of the concern, The Greek on Halifax Restaurant, to medi hotels.
Health authorities are scrambling to track down a new infection in Queensland after it was revealed that a regional crew member was “probably contagious” on six flights across the state.
The flight attendant worked on QantasLink on multiple flights between Brisbane, Longreach, Gladstone and Hervey Bay on July 11-12 and became ill on July 13.
Janet Young, the chief health official, urged all residents in remote communities to come forward for testing while her team races to find out the source of the infection.
Victoria reported 14 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases on Friday.
The state health department confirmed the number of new local virus cases around 9am, but in a positive sign of Victoria’s lockdown, it said they were all linked to the current outbreak that originated in New South Wales.
The Ministry of Health said that 10 of the 14 cases were in quarantine for the entire period of infection.
State Health Secretary Stephen Wade says that although the country’s health regulator has agreed to administer the Pfizer shot to children ages 12 to 15, the SA will wait for more advice.
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt announced that the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) had approved the overnight pediatric injection.
“The extension of the age range from 12 to 15 has been brought up with ministers by Minister Hunt, and he is only referring to TGA approval… and this advice is now needed by ATAGI, (Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunization),” said Mr Wade. .
He said the TGA has done the clinical evaluation but ATAGI is prioritizing.
“So what they’re going to assess is double the age and risk groups alike.
“We will be looking a lot for ATAGI’s advice…I don’t know how long that will take,” he said.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of Algulf.net and Algulf.net does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.