The Events & Entertainment (EVE) team will be responsible for the delivery of the Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Site Wide Programming, World-Renowned performances and Special Days.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, DEC & Public Realm and working alongside both the EVE Technical and Creative Teams, the Senior Manager, Technical Service will support the planning, readiness and operational delivery phases that will support Programme elements across all Events & Entertainment spaces.
• Work collaboratively with technical contractors and other third parties to facilitate the regular preventative maintenance of equipment across multiple performance venues.
• Lead on the development of a detailed schedule of technical maintenance works across all performance venues and all technical disciplines.
• Work with the contracted delivery agencies and EVE Programming team to manage and coordinate the scheduled maintenance works around programed events within performance venues.
• Work closely with EVE technical management peers to respond quickly in the event of unforeseen technical issues.
• Manage technical staff, associated consultants and relevant vendors in the delivery of their duties.
• Ensure technical contractors complete daily and periodic inspections of equipment as per UAE regulations and Expo H&S policies.
• Produce daily/weekly reports of technical maintenance activities.
• Create and adhere to risk management strategies in relation to the delivery of Events & Entertainment spaces.
• Adhere to Expo H&S strategies in relation to the delivery of Events & Entertainment technical elements, ensuring staff and sub-contractors are aware of and abide by all Expo H&S requirements.
• Comply and respond to all Expo 2020 procedural, administrational, and operational guidelines and instructions.
• Any other tasks as requested by EVE directors or senior managers.
• Whilst shifts will predominantly be during open hours, some works might require overnight supervision
• Bachelor Degree
• 8+ years’ experience in Technical Management and Production within Mega Events &/or International Theatrical or Music tours
• Significant experience with planning & delivery of large-scale public entertainment and theatrical productions
• Experience in project management methods and techniques, ideally supported by a recognised Project Management certification (e.g. PMP or PRINCE2).
• Fluent in English (reading and writing) a second language is preferable
• First Aid Certified
• Knowledge of Mega Event operational planning & delivery
• Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal)
• Leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams effectively
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world’s most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise – 3600 offices in over 80 countries – we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership.
Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions