Hoopa’s antics come to a head in Pokemon GO with the Season of Doom starting in September. Trainers will have plenty to do throughout the month to keep them busy.
September’s calendar of events heralds a whole new month of festivities for Pokemon GO trainers and brings a lot of changes. The Mythic Pokemon Hoopa will be available soon via a Special Research Story, and many Pokemon will return to the spotlight as part of events such as Raid Hours and Community Days.
Pokemon GO: Complete September Event Schedule According to Niantic’s Blog
Niantic released a full event schedule for Pokemon GO in September 2021 in a blog post dated August 27, 2021:
Trainers, the season of doom begins in a few days! In the month of September there is much more to look forward to.
Niantic’s breakdown can be found below:
Explore groundbreaking encounters
- From September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021 at 1:00 AM PDT, Ditto will be available to Pokemon GO trainers as an encounter reward for Research Breakthroughs. Lucky players can even grab a shiny Ditto. Shiny Ditto can also be found in the wild during this period.
Weekly Bundles for One Pokecoin
- Every Monday in September, players can purchase bundles including Remote Raid Passes for the price of one Pokecoin.
Raid Boss Pokemon
- From September 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM to September 14, 2021 at 10:00 AM local time, Lugia will appear as a five-star raid boss with the Charge Move Aeroblast.
- Depending on a player’s region, the Lake Guardians Uxie (Asia-Pacific region), Mesprit (Europe, Middle East, Africa and India) and Azelf (America and Greenland) will appear as five-star raid bosses on the aforementioned dates . These three Pokemon will also have their shiny forms available for the first time in Pokemon GO.
- Mega Slowbro will appear as a Mega Raid boss in the same time frame as Lugia.
- Mega Houndoom takes over as Mega Raid boss during the Lake Guardians’ appearance.
- Every Wednesday from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM local time, Pokemon GO will feature their Raid Hours and feature certain Pokemon.
- September 1, 8 and 15 will provide players with additional opportunities to capture Aeroblast-equipped Lugia as a five-star raid boss.
- The Lake Guardians will be on display on September 22 and 29.
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
- Every Tuesday from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM local time, certain Spotlight Pokemon will be found much more frequently and will earn higher rewards along with them.
- On September 7, Spoink takes part in the Spotlight Hour, and catching Pokemon will yield the Stardust twice.
- On September 14, Baltoy will be in the spotlight of Pokemon GO, and trainers will earn twice as much XP on Pokemon catches.
- On September 21, Skitty takes center stage and players will earn twice as much candy for catching Pokemon.
- On September 28, Alolan Meowth will be the last spotlight Pokemon for September, and players will receive twice as much candy for transferring Pokemon.
September Community Day
- On September 19 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, Pokemon GO players can participate in Oshawott’s Community Day.
Season of doom
- On September 5, to celebrate Hoopa’s formal arrival to Pokemon GO, Niantic has been teasing strange events worldwide that may be related to the Mythic Pokemon. In addition, a special investigative story is available throughout the Season of Doom, with certain parts unlocked during the various events in the season. According to Niantic’s follow-up blog post, Confined Hoopa can be found on September 5 via Special Research Breakthrough.
- An event centered on Pokemon GO’s Psychic-type Pokemon will take place from September 8 at 10am to September 13 at 8pm local time. Niantic has also suggested that a new Pokemon will arrive during this event, stating:
Some familiar faces return and another Pokémon makes its Pokémon GO debut. Which one will it be? Here’s a hint: be careful not to revolve too much of your life around one thing – you might find it can change in the blink of an eye!
- Pokemon with fashionable costumes will be released on September 21 at 10 AM to September 28 at 8 PM local time. In addition, new avatar items will be available for Pokemon GO trainers.
Giovanni is missing
- Pokemon GO players won’t need their Super Rocket Radars for a while, as Team GO Rocket’s infamous kingpin is currently missing. Niantic has suggested that Giovanni may be up to something sinister, which could arrive later in the season of doom:
Where has Giovanni gone? We hope he isn’t up to something in the shadows! Be sure to keep an eye out for updates throughout the season. Super Rocket Radars can’t track Giovanni during this time, so there’s no need to keep them equipped.
Evolution Preview feature is coming
- In a huge step for Pokemon GO players who like to fight, Niantic will soon implement a system that will allow them to see what their Pokemon’s CP will be after evolution. In addition, the feature shows trainers which PvP battle leagues the Pokemon can qualify for. For players looking to keep certain Pokemon in battle for lower CP leagues like Great League, this feature should provide an incredibly useful insight into Pokemon evolution.
Read more: How is Tyrogue’s evolution path in Pokemon GO?