South Australia has registered two new cases of COVID-19.
Most important points:
- One case is a historical case in a medi-hotel in Adelaide
- The second case is a woman who flew home from Victoria to South Australia on Friday
- SA Health tries to contact eight passengers aboard its Jetstar flight
One is a historical case of a man in his twenties who recently arrived from abroad and finds himself in a medi-hotel in Adelaide.
The second is a woman who returned to South Australia from Victoria on Friday afternoon on Jetstar flight JQ778.
The woman, a South Australian resident, had been granted an exemption to return to Adelaide and had tested negative for COVID-19 on September 30, before traveling home.
On arrival, the woman was tested at the Adelaide Airport clinic and then taken to the Pullman medi hotel by SA Health minibus.
That result was positive this morning and SA Health is now trying to contact the eight passengers on board the Jetstar flight.
Adelaide Airport is listed as a Tier 4 exposure site for Friday, October 1, from 5:25 PM to 6:40 PM.
The women’s bathroom on the ground floor of the airport is listed as a Tier 2 exposure location from 5:55 PM to 6:15 PM.
SA Health says the fully vaccinated woman was asymptomatic when she arrived at Adelaide Airport, and would likely be in the early stages of infection on Friday.
“This individual has had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, they entered under a waiver,” said Dr Emily Kirkpatrick, SA’s deputy head of public health.
“We know this is in the early stages of their infection. They are currently asymptomatic, so relatively low risk from that perspective.”
The woman has now been moved from the Pullman-med hotel to the Tom’s Court-medi hotel.
SA health says of the eight passengers on board, some were under home quarantine and others were transferred with the woman to the Pullman Hotel after arriving on Friday.
Truck drivers need first doses on Thursday
SA Health says no further cases have been linked to the two truck drivers who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.
Earlier today, SA Police (SAPOL) said essential travelers who need to prove they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine can now do so online.
In a statement, SAPOL said the evidence includes a copy of any document issued to people by their health professionals at the time of vaccination, or the Medicare certificate for those who have been fully vaccinated.
Commercial transport and freight workers entering SA by road who have been to NSW, Victoria or the ACT in the 14 days prior to their arrival must present proof of vaccination if arriving after 12:01 on Thursday 7 October.
Other essential travelers who have been to NSW, Victoria or the ACT in the 14 days prior to arrival must provide proof that they have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination if they arrive after 12:01 PM on Monday 11 October.
These travelers include national and state security and administration, first responders, remote or isolated workers, specialized workers in essential sectors, and foreign diplomatic or consular personnel.