29 Oct 2017; London, United Kingdom; Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen (19) catches a pass as Cleveland Browns strong safety defends Briean Boddy-Calhoun (20) during an NFL International Series game at Twickenham Stadium. The Vikings defeated the Browns 33-16. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
The Minnesota Vikings (1-2) will take on the Cleveland Browns (2-1) at US Bank Stadium on Sunday at 1:00 PM EST.
Here are 25 stats, facts, and things to know leading up to the NFC contest.
- The Vikings are 12-4 all-time against the Browns, a 75% win rate.
- Cleveland has won twice in Minnesota over the years – 1986 and 2013.
- The Vikings are the third-best in yards gained in the entire league, but the fourth-worst in yards allowed.
- There has been only one offensive turnover for Minnesota in 2021 — the fewest in the NFL.
- According to a conglomerate of Pro Football Focus, QBR and Passer Rating, Kirk Cousins is currently the second best QB in football.
- The Vikings have not scored a defensive touchdown at home against the Detroit Lions since Week 9 of 2018.
- Per Thirty-fiveEightMinnesota currently has a 39% chance of reaching the postseason, peaking at 8% after last weekend’s win.
- In the presence of fans, the Vikings are undefeated at US Bank Stadium when they score 21 or more points. W/L = 21-0.
- Brian Hoyer is the only Browns QB to ever throw more than 300 yards against the Vikings in a match.
- The Browns haven’t had a 100+ yard rusher in a game against the Vikings since 1986. Curtis Dickey.
- Tommy Kramer is the only Vikings QB to ever throw 300+ yards in a game against the Browns. 14-12-1980. 456 Yards + 4 TDs, 0 INTs.
- In the last three seasons, the Vikings started a season with a 2-2 record, then reached the postseason. 2015, 2017 and 2019.
- In front of fans, the Vikings are undefeated at US Bank Stadium as they scored more than 14 points at halftime.
- Per PFFMinnesota current pass protection ranks 16th in the NFL. In 2020 they finished 29th.
- In their last 50 respective starts, Kirk Cousins has one passing touchdown less than Tom Brady and three interceptions less.
- For three weeks of 2021, the Vikings have the second most 10+ yard gain (50) on offense behind the Las Vegas Raiders (59).
- Opponents complete 75.8% of the passes on the Vikings. That’s three weeks in last place in the NFL.
- The Vikings are ranked fourth in the NFL for defensive sacks.
- Through three weeks of 2021, Minnesota allows the second most points in the NFL to opponents in the first half, then the third fewest in the second half.
- The Vikings have scored a total of six points in the 4th quarter of the games up to and including week 3.
- Kirk Cousins is the first QB in NFL history to throw 8+ Passing TDs to zero INTs in the first three games of a season while his team had a losing record.
- The Vikings are the first team in NFL history to score 85+ points in the first 3 games of a season while committing only one turnover or less – and have a losing record to prove it.
- The Vikings are 8-3 in the month of October since Kirk Cousins became the starting QB in 2018.
- Throughout his career, Dalvin Cook averaged 5.4 yards per touch. Alexander Mattison averages 5.1 in his career.
- Adam Thielen has scored a touchdown in 72% of games since the beginning of 2020.
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007 host a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawho and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Guilty pleasures listed: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos’ and The Doors (the band).