Real Madrid president Florentino Perez expressed his hope that Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe could reach a settlement in January before withdrawing his words.
“We will have news about Mbappe in January,” Perez said on Tuesday during a visit to the new media outlet “El Debaty”. We hope that the matter will be resolved before January 1.
However, Perez quickly clarified his statements in an interview with Radio Monte Carlo a few hours later, saying: “My words (to El Debaty) were conveyed in the wrong way. What I said is that we have to wait until next year to do it.” news, and this in the context of the respect we have for Paris Saint-Germain and the close relationship we have with it.”
Perez’s comments come after Spain’s capital club Saint-Germain made a €180 million offer to acquire Mbappe’s services in the summer, but the French club rejected the offer. Mbappé (22) is thus able to negotiate with any club that wants to use his services from the beginning of 2022, as his contract with the French capital team expires on June 30.
Mbappe had made press statements to Radio Monte Carlo and the sports newspaper “L’Equipe” on Tuesday, confirming that he had informed his club that he wanted to leave early in the summer. I said so and informed the club management in advance. I wanted Saint-Germain to be compensated for my transfer to find a world-class replacement.”
However, Mbappe remained ambiguous when he told L’Equipe whether he still wanted to move to another club at the end of his contract. If I had been told that Messi would play for Paris Saint-Germain, I would not have believed it, so we don’t know what could happen.”