Scenario Communications is looking for an Account Director with solid business, fashion and lifestyle media contacts tailored to lifestyle, entertainment, fashion / beauty, technology, consumers and events. The position requires a minimum of six years of experience from an agency or similar company. A person in this role must have a proven track record in managing accounts, be highly motivated, have a professional manner, a keen sense of detail, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and collaborate with team members, provide mentorship and oversee junior team members and demonstrate an ability to manage accounts with minimal supervision. The role is responsible for leading and directing the creation of strategic PR initiatives for a client. Account Directors are evaluated on overall new business contributions, customer service management and ability for media relations on both an individual and team basis. Candidate may be located in the New York or Los Angeles area. The position starts as work from home until we return to an office. There may be times when after-hours support may be needed for virtual, in-market and sometimes on-site support at different locations (some travel may be involved).
Day-to-day activities include:
- Media Relationships: Enable pitch clients and secure regular media placements on behalf of clients, including features, articles, etc. Has developed long-standing relationships with top-tier press and influencers.
- Media Outreach: Build and nurture relationships with top press companies, technology and trading media.
- Strategic planning: They lead and lead a team to meet customer goals and provide strategic advice to their customers, as well as ensure that campaign goals are delivered and service level agreements are adhered to. Work with teams in both the NY and LA offices to actively pitch media, establish communication plans, and stay in touch with the client.
- Written communication: Create and disseminate compelling and creative documents (eg pitches, press releases, interview requests / forms, media strategies). Stimulates ideas for new materials and improvements.
- Customer relationship: Leads and actively engages with the client to develop ideas and partnerships that reach their goals.
- Client workload: Handling an expanded portfolio of customers and ensuring consistent service is delivered in accordance with company policies.
- Knowledge of the PR industry is a must!
- Strong relationships with the business press with examples of recent, secured placements.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Self-motivated person who is responsive and able to be productive and results-oriented in a work from home.
- Be a proactive and creative thinker.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You must have good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To apply: Please send your CV to Hayley.Antonian@scenariopr.com, subject line Account Director.
Scenario is much more than an agency. We are an extension of your team. We provide service at the boutique level with great ideas and creative thinking. Our team members were founded in 2018 and are based in Los Angeles and New York and bring decades of communication experience across businesses, technology, fashion, beauty, health and fitness, lifestyle, television and entertainment. We work just as easily to establish new start-ups as well as revive iconic brands.
Scenario is a gender equality employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We offer health insurance, annual investment in your 401k, paid time off and encourage team activities and celebrations.