The Prince of Wales has spoken publicly about the Queen’s health during his trip to Jordan and said “she is okay”.
When a Sky News reporter asked the prince, who celebrated his 73rd birthday on Sunday, how his mother was doing and about sending her best wishes after the queen’s recent poor health, Charles replied: “She’s okay, thank you very much.
“When you reach 95, it’s not quite as easy as it used to be. It’s bad enough at 73.”
READ MOREJesy Nelson comes with a harsh health message as she cancels shows
It comes after the Queen was pictured and filmed for the first time since she dropped out of the Cenotaph Remembrance Sunday event today.
In footage released from the audience, Gen Sir Nick, who is retiring from his role, is seen entering the room only to be greeted by the queen’s curious elderly dorgi Candy.
He looks down to look at Candy, who jumps back nervously as Gen Sir Nick begins to walk forward to meet the monarch.
Gen Sir Nick went on to discuss his time as military chief and told the monarch that he had been in the post for eight years.
The queen said it was “pretty sad” that he traveled and replied, “It’s a long time.”
Gen Sir Nick discussed the Duke of Edinburgh’s deceased uncle and said: “It’s a long time. In fact, the only person who has done longer is Lord Mountbatten … so I’m pretty surprised by all that.”
The queen chuckled and replied, “Oh really? Oh?”
She added: “I suppose if you get into that job, you know it’s easier to continue, right?”
Gen Sir Nick replied: “I think that is right. Although I must say that I think the time will come when it is ready to move on.”
Stay up to date with the very latest from your Birmingham or West Midlands street or neighborhood with our Birmingham News Email Updates.