New Astroworld lawsuit against Travis Scott, Drake, Live Nation and others claim up to $ 2 billion in damages

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry on Thursday filed a massive lawsuit on behalf of 280 victims of the Astroworld Festival, which left 10 people dead and injured hundreds.

The civil lawsuit was filed by Henry’s law firm Thursday in Harris County, Texas, claiming up to $ 2 billion in damages. Defendants include rappers Travis Scott and Drake, Live Nation, NRG Stadium, Apple Inc., Scott’s Cactus Jack record label and more.

According to Henry, another 120 victims have contacted his company and sought representation for damages caused by attending the concert.

The lawsuit, filed by Fox News, describes Astroworld as “one of the deadliest crowd-control disasters at a concert in the United States.”

ASTROWORLD TRAGEDY: TRAVIS SCOTT, DRAKE, APPLE AND LIVE NATION HIT WITH 750 M. USD

On behalf of 280 plaintiffs, Henry claims that the reported increase in the crowd, which caused many in the crowd to be “trampled, caught and crushed,” could have been prevented. The trial accuses the defendants of gross negligence.

Festival goers enter the VIP area before Travis Scott performs during day one of the Astroworld Music Festival at NRG Park on Friday, November 5, 2021 in Houston.

Festival goers enter the VIP area before Travis Scott performs during day one of the Astroworld Music Festival at NRG Park on Friday, November 5, 2021 in Houston.
(Amy Harris / Invision / AP, File)

“The defendants were responsible for earning an exorbitant amount of money at this event, yet they chose to cut back, cut costs and endanger festival-goers. Plaintiffs are suing in this lawsuit, claiming damages not exceeding $ 2 billion,” he said. the lawsuit states.

The case goes on to claim that the victims have “suffered serious bodily injuries” which have “had a serious impact on the plaintiffs’ health and well-being.”

The court papers also claim that plaintiffs seek relief for a number of things, including pain and suffering, medical expenses, physical weakness and disfigurement, and loss of earnings.

ASTROWORLD TRAGEDY: TRAVIS SCOTT, KYLIE JENNER ‘EYE’, RAPPER IN ‘CONSTANT STATE OF SHOCK’: SOURCE

“My clients want to make sure the defendants are held accountable for their actions, and they want to send the message to all the artists, event organizers and organizers that what happened at Astroworld can not happen again,” Henry said.

Fox News has contacted the plaintiffs for a comment.

  Travis Scott will perform on stage during the third annual Astroworld Festival in NRG Park on November 5th.  A reported increase in the audience left 10 people dead and hundreds more injured.

Travis Scott will perform on stage during the third annual Astroworld Festival in NRG Park on November 5th. A reported increase in the audience left 10 people dead and hundreds more injured.
(Photo by Rick Kern / Getty Images)

The $ 2 billion lawsuit comes days after another $ 750 million lawsuit was filed in Houston by the talented lawyer Tony Buzbee on behalf of more than 125 fans – including the family of one of the deceased. This lawsuit alleges that Scott and the show organizers were negligent in their planning of the festival, which left 10 dead, including a 9-year-old boy.

All concertgoers who died were between 9 and 27 years old.

County Judge Lina Hidalgo – the top elected official in Harris County, which includes Houston – had previously proposed a third-party study who would look at the planning and execution of crowd control tactics at the festival, founded and led by the rap superstar.

The Harris County Administrator will work with other city and county units to review safety, fire, and other safety plans in the county-owned NRG Park where the festival was held.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

A visitor writes a note at a memorial outside the canceled Astroworld festival in NRG Park.

A visitor writes a note at a memorial outside the canceled Astroworld festival in NRG Park.
(Alex Bierens de Haan / Getty Images)

Last week, personal injury lawyer Ben Crump also came announced a lawsuit on behalf of more than 100 Astroworld participants – and described the shocking ordeal at the sold-out festival with 50,000 people as “a failure of epic proportions.”

Last week, a representative of Scott told Fox News in a statement that he is still “actively exploring connecting routes” with families affected by the tragedy.

“Over the past week, Travis Scott and his team have been actively exploring routes of connection with each and every family affected by the tragedy, through the relevant connections,” the statement read.

“He is desperate about the situation and desperately wants to share his condolences and provide help to them as soon as possible, but he wants to remain respectful of each family’s wishes about how they would most like to be connected,” it continued.

The audience watches as Travis Scott performs at the Astroworld Festival.  Officials declared one "mass accident" just after noon.  21 Friday during the festival, where an estimated 50,000 people were in attendance, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña told reporters at a news conference.

The audience watches as Travis Scott performs at the Astroworld Festival. Officials declared a “mass accident” just after noon. 21 Friday during the festival, where an estimated 50,000 people were in attendance, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña told reporters at a news conference.
(Jamaal Ellis / Houston Chronicle via AP)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“To those families who would like to contact his team directly, please send an email to the address below, where we will have a team ready to help,” the statement said before adding the address, AW21information@gmail.com.

Fox News’ Julius Young contributed to this report.

Leave a Comment

Advertise