NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) – A family of six, including two children, has been hit by a fire that ignited inside a Northwest Miami-Dade home
Miami-Dade fire rescue units responded to the fire at Northwest 79th Street and 10th Court, just after 1:15 p.m. Sunday.
Officials said the fire started in a closet in the house while two children living there were sleeping.
One of the children, Irvin Martinez, said they tried to control the flames but eventually called 911 after they got out of control.
“All my clothes that were near my closet, that were near my bed, are gone. It started there first because my closet is close to the wall of my door,” he said. “My whole – my uniform, my book bag is even burning. I have no shoes to go to school tomorrow.”
No one in the house was injured.
Volunteers from the American Red Cross responded and provided the family with financial relief, health and mental health services, as well as one-on-one support to connect them with available recovery assistance.
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.