Woman accidentally swallows Airpods instead of her medication




Woman accidentally swallows Airpods instead of her medication
(Photo: Unsplash / Daniel Romero) AirPods device

A TikTok user shared how she mistyped one of her AirPods for Ibuprofen and accidentally swallowed it. The Boston-based user named @iamcarliiib said on TikTok that she shared what happened to her for educational purposes.

Woman swallows AirPods

The woman explained that she had her pill in one hand and she was crawling into bed. She had the Ibuprofen 800 in my right hand and she had her left AirPod in May left hand, according to Apple Insider.

The woman said she threw something back, took her water bottle and took a sip. It was when she realized it was not Ibuprofen that she tried to throw it up and it will not come out.

TikToker said it came out naturally and she said she had an x-ray to confirm it. She also said she would not try to use that AirPod again.

Also read: Man accidentally swallows AirPods – after passing his digestive system, it still worked

Separately, she also revealed in another video that the swallowed AirPod was still connected to her iPhone while making a call. As a result, a voice memo she sent to a friend contained gurgling sounds recorded in her stomach.

This is not the first time that an AirPod has been swallowed. A Massachusetts man managed to swallow one while he was sleeping, and a seven-year-old from Georgia had to be taken to the emergency room after eating one.

Man swallows AirPods in his sleep

A Massachusetts man was taken to the emergency room after missing AirPods appeared in an unlikely spot.
Bradford Gauthier, who lives in Worcester, Massachusetts, discovered that there are risks to sleeping while using AirPods.

After shoveling snow for two hours, Gauthier put his AirPods in and went to bed. In the morning, he woke up and discovered that one of his AirPods was missing. He also noticed that he experienced slight discomfort in the middle of the chest.

Gauthier said he went out again in the morning and he shoveled snow for an hour. He told WWLP News 22 that when he came in, he tried to drink a glass of water again, and he could not.

Gauthier’s family suggested he might swallow it, but the idea felt too haphazard. A trip to the hospital room led to an x-ray, which led his doctor to discover that the AirPod was stuck in his esophagus.

An emergency endoscopy removed the AirPod, and Gauthier returned home to shovel snow. The GI doctor said it is extremely uncommon for a blockage not to be painful or severely unpleasant. He said it never occurred to him that sleeping with headphones could be a safety risk, and he considered himself lucky.

Meanwhile, in 2020, another class landed itself in the emergency room after accidentally swallowing one of its AirPods. The mother reported that her son had accidentally swallowed one of his AirPods, prompting her to rush him to the emergency room.

The seven-year-old had received AirPods as a Christmas present along with a new iPhone. The child said he kept it in his bracket at the long end, according to WSB-TV Channel 2 News.

Related article: Apple AirPods Giveaway to Get COVID-19 Vaccine Provided by Washington DC

This article is owned by Tech Times

Written by Sophie Webster

Ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

.

Leave a Comment

Advertise